Sacramento Kings star De’Aaron Fox said this about Joel Embiid

By: OutOfSightSports

1/3/22

Sacramento Kings star De’Aaron Fox said this about Joel Embiid

Last season, the Sacramento Kings traded one of its young and promising talents, Tyrese Haliburton, to the Indiana Pacers in exchange for Domantas Sabonis, a seasoned All-Star.

While the move drew a lot of attention for the Kings since Haliburton prospered right away in Indiana, and Sabonis didn’t take the Kings above and beyond, the transaction is starting to look much better for Sacramento through the 2022-2023 NBA season.

According to EuroHoops.net, Sacramento star guard De’Aaron Fox believes Sabonis is a top-three big guy in the league as well.

So, in Fox’s opinion, who is Sabonis up there with?

Nikola Jokic of the Denver Nuggets and Joel Embiid of the Philadelphia 76ers.

“For me, it’s (Nikola) Jokic, (Joel) Embiid, and (Sabonis). Those are the top three centers in the league.“

Jokic is without a doubt one of the top centers in the league. The Nuggets’ star has been named the NBA’s Most Valuable Player for the past two seasons.

It’s difficult to argue against Embiid being in the same conversation yet, given that he lost to Jokic both times despite being named the league’s MVP runner-up. I honestly would flip a coin and take either though. Both unreal talents. Anyways, Embiid was able to establish himself last year as the NBA’s scoring champion, elevating his offensive game to a level not seen at the center position since the legendary Shaquille O’Neal.

Fox joins a lengthy line of NBA players who see Embiid as one of the game’s most dominant big men. There isn’t much to argue about as the Sixers star continues to rack up All-Star appearances while being in the running for seasonal accolades and All-NBA selection.

We appreciate you reading this article. Join our FREE email list for daily news and follow our social media accounts to witness the most “OutOfSight” highlights, plays, stories, memes, updates, and more in the world of sports!

Socials

Twitter: @OOSSports

IG: outofsightsports

YouTube Acquires NFL Sunday Ticket Streaming Rights

By: @OOSSports

12/22/22

YouTube Acquires NFL Sunday Ticket Rights

By: OutOfSightSports

12/22/22

YouTube Acquires NFL Sunday Ticket Streaming Rights

Following indications that the sale of the NFL Sunday Ticket package was nearing completion on Wednesday, the league made it official on Thursday by confirming that Google’s YouTube has purchased the service’s broadcasting rights.

The New York Times previously reported that the deal is anticipated to be worth $2.5 billion per year, a substantial increase over the $1.5 billion DirecTV had been paying.

“We’re excited to bring NFL Sunday Ticket to YouTube TV and YouTube Primetime Channels and usher in a new era of how fans across the United States watch and follow the NFL,” NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell stated. Goodell also added,

“For a number of years we have been focused on increased digital distribution of our games and this partnership is yet another example of us looking towards the future and building the next generation of NFL fans.”

NFL Sunday Ticket is a sports package that broadcasts NFL regular-season games that are not accessible on local affiliates. After spending years on satellite television, the new contract puts the package into the streaming realm for the first time. The multiyear contract’s length is currently unknown.

YouTube will stream the bundle as a subscription service via YouTube TV as an add-on package and YouTube Primetime channels. Sunday Ticket will be available to customers as a premium service at a cost similar to what DirecTV currently costs. DirecTV currently has around 1.5 million Sunday Ticket subscribers as of this writing.

Billionaire Mortgage Lender Mat Ishbia Finalizes Purchase of Suns

By: OutOfSightSports

12/21/22

Billionaire Mortgage Lender Mat Ishbia Finalizes Purchase of Suns

Detroit native and billionaire mortgage lender Mat Ishbia has completed the acquisition of the Phoenix Suns for a record-setting $4 billion, resulting in the most expensive purchase ever including an NBA franchise.

Ishbia with Tom Brady

The old record was set in 2019 when Joe Tsai acquired the Nets for a sum of $2.35 billion. The purchase of Ishbia represents an official exit from the position held by Robert Sarver.

The purchase includes not just the Suns but also the Mercury of the Women’s National Basketball Association (WNBA). Tuesday evening, the franchise issued a statement in which it stated that the transaction also includes, “more than 50% ownership of the team including all of Robert Sarver’s interest and a portion of the interest of minority partners.”

Ishbia was referred to be the “right leader to build on the franchise legacies of winning” by Sarver, who also stated that Ishbia will “shepherd” both teams into the next phase.

“Matt [Ishbia] has exactly the right spirit, commitment and resources to pursue championships,” the statement read. “Equally important, though, is his philanthropic outlook and commitment to using sports as a way to elevate and connect people. I know he shared unwavering support for women’s basketball and I look forward to watching him become a unifying force across the Valley of the Sun.”

According to Wojnarowski’s report, Justin Ishbia, Mat Ishbia’s brother and a founding partner of Shore Capital, is also making a significant investment in the Suns. He is going to take on the role of the franchise’s alternate governor.

After being found guilty of workplace misconduct and given a one-year suspension along with a $10 million fine, Sarver made the decision in September to sell both the Phoenix Suns and the Phoenix Mercury. This decision came after a league investigation found that Sarver had engaged in inappropriate behavior in the workplace.

Disgraced ex-Suns owner Robert Sarver

According to the findings of the investigation, Sarver had used the n-word a minimum of five times “when recounting the statements of others” while serving as the active owner of the Suns and Mercury, The investigation also discovered that Sarver behaved in an unacceptable manner with employees on a consistent basis, including, “instances of inequitable conduct toward female employees,” which included “sex-related comments,” the NBA said in a statement. The disgraced owner did not just target women though, “inappropriate physical conduct toward male employees.” was found as well.

In November 2021, ESPN released accounts from over 70 current and former Suns employees that outlined a poisonous workplace climate under Sarver that was both racist and misogynistic. The environment was described as being in existence while Sarver was in charge of the Suns. These examples included descriptions of times when Sarver used the n-word, such as when he said he hired Lindsey Hunter as head coach in 2013 rather than Dan Majerle because of his “black” background.

In spite of the results of the investigation, the league came to the conclusion that Sarver’s actions were not “motivated by racial or gender-based animus.”

Mat Ishbia, the current Chief Executive Officer of United Wholesale Mortgage, is a former college basketball player who studied at Michigan State University from 1998 to 2002. He was a part of 3 consecutive squads that reached the Final Four, and in 2000, he won the national championship with Tom Izzo and the Spartans.

Wojnarowski claims that Ishbia has maintained a tight relationship with Tom Izzo, his former coach at Michigan State, and had previously made a commitment of $32 million to the men’s basketball team at Michigan State.

Thank you for checking this article out! If you enjoyed reading, make sure to follow our social media pages to see most “OutOfSight” highlights, plays, stories, memes, updates & more in the sports world!

Social Media Accounts:

Twitter: @OOSSports

IG: OutOfSightSports 

Potential Disaster on the Horizon Days before MLB All-Star Game

By: OutOfSightSports

7/11/22

Potential Disaster on the Horizon Days before MLB All-Star Game

Just days before the MLB All-Star game, concession workers at Dodger Stadium have threatened to go on strike. In a news release Monday, it was announced that 99% of the employees were in favor of going on strike at any moment. Yikes.

A strike could pose a huge problem for Dodger Stadium as it is days away from its first All-Star Game in 42 years. Dodger Stadium employs nearly 1,500 food servers, bartenders, suite attendants, cooks and dishwashers. Unite Here Local 11, a union representing the concession workers, has not provided specifics on the workers’ demands but hopes to negotiate a fair new union contract.

A fan at an iconic “Dodger Dog” concession stand.

Unite Here Local 11’s co-president, Susan Minato, wrote in a statement, “Stadium workers are proud of the role they play to bring fans the best game experience possible. They are the backbone of our tourism and sports industry, yet many struggle to stay housed and to make ends meet. They often live with economic uncertainty because the quality of jobs vary stadium to stadium. No worker should have to continue living like this.”

Freddie Freeman

Minato makes a valid point. Without concession workers, the upcoming All-Star game weekend is going to be a disaster. Hopefully, Levy Restaurants, the Chicago-based company that employs the concession workers, will do what is right so the game can go on.

Thank you for checking this article out! If you enjoyed reading, make sure to follow our social media pages to see most “OutOfSight” highlights, plays, stories, memes, updates & more in the sports world!

Social Media Accounts:

Twitter: @OOSSports

IG: OutOfSightSports

Check out our last video and channel as well!

OOS YouTube:

Tyreek Hill Dolphins Hype Video 2022

Retired WR had CTE Before Death; When will the NFL Properly Address this Issue?

On Tuesday, the family of legendary Broncos WR Demaryius Thomas released findings from a study conducted by the Boston University CTE Center.

Legendary Broncos Receiver Demaryius Thomas

The study concluded that researchers had diagnosed the four-time Pro Bowl wide receiver with Stage 2 chronic traumatic encephalopathy.

Katina Smith, Thomas’ mother, began to familiarize herself with CTE and the symptoms patients deal with. She recognized her son’s changed behavior and how he isolated himself and wondered if he had CTE.

Smith’s statement to the press said,

“He was just so young, and it was horrible to see him struggle. His father and I hope all families learn the risks of playing football. We don’t want other parents to have to lose their children like we did.”

Stage 2 CTE is associated with progressive behavior and cognitive and mood abnormalities. Thomas’ family says he was struggling with depression, anxiety, panic attacks, and trouble with his memory in the years before his death.

Broncos WR, Courtland Sutton, pays tribute to his friend.

Dr. Ann McKee, chief of neuropathology for the VA Boston Healthcare System, director of the BU CTE Center and VA-BU-CLF/UNITE Brain Bank said,

“Like so many that have gone before, we found stage 2 CTE in the brain of Demaryius Thomas. The question I keep asking myself is ‘When will enough be enough?’ When will athletes, parents and the public at large stop ignoring the risks of American football and insist that the game be changed to reduce subconcussive hits?”

She has a point. I love football as much as the next guy but, when will enough be enough? We are losing guys that have given everything to play the game of football. We all love watching players like Thomas, but none of us want to lose players because of CTE. We have to keep the discussion on the forefront because CTE is not going away, and the repercussions players are dealing with including losing their lives has to end. Thomas shouldn’t be gone. Let’s take the opportunity to continue studies and learn what we can to improve player safety at all levels of football in the future.

Thank you for checking this article out! If you enjoyed reading, make sure to follow our social media pages to see most “OutOfSight” highlights, plays, stories, memes, updates & more in the sports world!

Social Media Accounts:

Twitter: @OOSSports

IG: OutOfSightSports

Check out our last video and channel as well!

OOS YouTube: https://youtu.be/51JPJqi7YGk

The Donovan Mitchell Situation: What we know as of now

By: OutOfSightSports

7/1/22

7:45 PM

The Donovan Mitchell Situation: What we know as of now

Mitchell, 25, has been a star since being drafted 13th overall in 2017. Mitchell has averaged 23.9 points, 4.5 assists, 4.2 rebounds, and 1.3 steals throughout his five seasons with the Jazz.

These numbers explain why Mitchell is a prized asset. Past speculation about his future has also generated more interest into the topic. Here is a timeline of what has transpired, who is claiming what, and everything we know up to this point about the situation:

A huge Woj bomb, this helped fuel the speculation even more after the Gobert trade. Will the Jazz rebuild?
Almost all league executives seem to think Spida is on this way out.

Hoop Central is a very solid source, who is virtually never wrong. A must follow on twitter for basketball junkies.
I’m sure letting go of two of his closer friends wasn’t the best of ideas if they want to bring him back.
NBA Beat writer Andy Blarsen believes he may or may not be traded.
Valid point from a valid source.
Nobody really knows for sure.

™️

Thank you for checking this article out! If you enjoyed reading, make sure to follow our social media pages to see most “OutOfSight” highlights, plays, stories, memes, updates & more in the sports world!

Social Media Accounts:

Twitter: @OOSSports

IG: OutOfSightSports

Check out our last video and channel as well!

OOS YouTube:

https://youtu.be/UlqjaqNh1BE